- To administer appropriate treatment of acute and chronic conditions including self management programs to aid in rehabilitation.
- To design appropriate home exercise programs to prevent deconditioning and demotivation.
- To encourage self management and active participation by the patient.
- To discontinue treatment when treatment is not assisting the patient.
- Regular communication with the relevant general practitioners, specialists, rehabilitation providers, occupational health consultants, ergonomists and other members of the health team to discuss optimal management of the patient.